Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning Curve...



Her umbilical stump finally fell off. It actually fell off last Sunday before bathtime! It looks like a raisin...

Baby Madi is learning. She started to cry when I didn't pick her up. I would pick her up, rock her in my arms, she'd fall asleep in my arms, I'd put her in her crib and she would wake up in 5 minutes, crying!!! It all started on Monday. Until last night, I was just too exhausted to pick her up everytime she fussed. So, we let her cry herself to sleep!!! It was so heartbreaking for both Dave and I. I've never heard such sad and disappointing cries. After last night, it was a much nicer day today. I would feed her, change her and put her back in her crib... barely any cries.

The discipling starts now and here. I want to teach her and train her to be independent, but in a nurturing and loving way. If we spoil her now, the habit is going to be harder to break. I can't wait to take her out shopping or out to have tea with friends without screaming and crying. No one wants to hang out with a CRY BABY, especially a Mommie that has a CRY BABY! No one likes a SUCKY FACE!!!

It's been the most tiring two weeks of my life so far... When will it get easier?

No comments: